- 1 News and Announcements
- 1.1 OCR software for mathematical documents - InftyReader
- 1.2 Kognícia a umelý život X (Cognition and Artificial Life X)
- 1.3 Scientific Seminars
- 1.4 FIRST LEGO League in Slovakia
- 1.5 CENTROBOT Robot Summer School
- 1.6 7th Czech and Slovak ACM Student Research Competition 2009
- 1.7 Spring Conference on Computer Graphics
- 1.8 Information Technologies in Practice 2009
- 1.9 State examination in Master program in Applied Informatics
- 1.10 Cognition and Artificial Life IX
- 1.11 Changes in the study programmes
- 1.12 Seminar: Dr. Susanne Reiterer (Department of Neuroradiology, University of Tübingen, Germany) - Language talent: preliminary results from a large scale psycholinguistic and brain imaging study
- 1.13 ABCD Workshop on Automata Theoretic Methods in Algorithmic Algebra
- 1.14 FIRST LEGO League in Slovakia
- 1.15 Security of Web Applications (Invited Lecture)
- 1.16 Topics of Bachelor and Master Theses
- 1.17 Public inauguration lecture of doc. Ing. Miloš Šrámek, PhD.
- 1.18 Special AI Seminar with guests Chiaki Sakama and Katsumi Inoue
- 1.19 Launching the new website of the department
- 1.20 Diploma theses defence
News and Announcements
OCR software for mathematical documents - InftyReaderSeminar with presentation of the InftyReader program. This may be of interest to everybody who works with mathematical texts.
OCR software for mathematical documents - InftyReader
prof. Masakazu Suzuki, Kyushu University
Friday, February 19th 2010, 10:30, room I-9
Kognícia a umelý život X (Cognition and Artificial Life X)The jubilee tenth Czech-Slovak meeting on cognition and artificial life will take place in hotel Sepetná by Ostravice under Beskydy mountains. The seminar has a tradition of several years, and provides a space for presentation of the results and aims of the researchers in the areas of cognition, artificial life, and artificial intelligence from Bohemia and Slovakia. The goal of the seminar is to forster interdisciplinary dialog between the scientific disciplines unified by the interest in this field.
Scientific SeminarsOur department runs or participates in various research seminars that are usually open also for students who have a deeper interest in research topics or wish to join research efforts of the department.
FIRST LEGO League in SlovakiaFaculty of Mathematics, Physics and Informatics is organizer of the regional FLL tournament. This year's task has just been published at the contest website. We invite all the interested students aged 10-16 years to join the contest.
CENTROBOT Robot Summer SchoolThe course will feature comprehensive introductory lectures, paired with all the specifics you will need to face the challenge of building your own robot and in the culmination of what might be the time of your life you will test your design against the designs of your fellow participants.
7th Czech and Slovak ACM Student Research Competition 2009Students are invited to submit their contributions to the Czech and Slovak ACM Student Research Competition 2009. Students of bachelor and master study programmes of Czech and Slovak universities can participate. The conference is sposored by Microsoft. The individual participants present their work in the area of computer science and information technologies. Information, important dates, registration, and required format are described at the contest website.
Spring Conference on Computer Graphics25th year of Spring Conference on Computer Graphics (SCCG) was launched in Budmerice today. The conference allows the best students and young researchers to meet the leading experts in the field, this year including Prof. Alan CHALMERS, Prof. Tor DOKKEN and Doc. Michael WIMMER. Every year, the computer graphics students compete to participate at the conference in a contest of Slovak Society for Informatics. The conferece was preceded by an international student seminar CESCG, sponsored by leading IT company AUTODESK.
Information Technologies in Practice 2009Students are invited to participate at conference Information Technologies in Practice that aims to introduce modern technologies and principles of information systems development to the students of computer and information science and engineering at Slovak University of Technology and Comenius University in Bratislava. The conference is organized by the companies Softec and Centaur in cooperation with FIIT STU and it is part of the Week of cooperation with the industry 2009. The conference will take place in the building of STU, at Ilkovičova street 3 on Wednesday, March 5th 2009 at 14.00. FREE ENTRANCE.
State examination in Master program in Applied InformaticsThe sylabus for the state examination in master program in Applied Informatics for the school year 2008/2009 has been published in the Education section of the department website.
State examinations for Master program in Applied Informatics (document is in Slovak language)
Cognition and Artificial Life IXThis year our department organizes Slovak - Czech conference on Cognition and Artificial Life
Changes in the study programmesThe following are the changes in summer semester 2008/2009 from the plan published in the study handbook:
- 2-INF-150, Machine Learning - moved to summer, lecturer changed
- 2-INF-147, Searching in text - opened, lecturer changed
- 2-AIN-504, Bioinformatics Seminar (2) - opened, lecturer changed
- 2-IKV-112 Modern social theories – moved to summer, lecturer changed
- 2-AIN-181, Evolutionary algorithms - moved to summer
- 2-AIN-104, Computational modeling of cognitive processes - Kvasnička, V. (FIIT, DE 150 Friday 10:00)
- 2-AIN-143, Qualitative modeling and simulation - Macko, M.
- 2-IKV-141, New trends in cognitive psychology – Chudý, V.
- 2-IKV-183, Psycholinguistics - Bašnáková, J.
- 1-AIN-680 Extreme programming (done in winter semester)
- 1-AIN-646 Description logics, ontologies and semantic web - Homola, M. (moved to winter semester 2009/2010)
- 2-IKV-262, Computational psycholinguistics - Farkaš, I.
- 2-IKV-234, Knowledge Systems - Popper M.
- 2-IKV-182, Current theories of consciousness - Gál, E.
Seminar: Dr. Susanne Reiterer (Department of Neuroradiology, University of Tübingen, Germany) - Language talent: preliminary results from a large scale psycholinguistic and brain imaging studyIn recent years we can observe an increasing interest into investigating individual differences in language learning capacity (talent or aptitude) with brain imaging techniques such as, in the first place, functional and anatomical magnetic resonance imaging. We performed a large-scale series of investigations of 130 individually gifted second language learners, scrutinizing their productive and perceptive second language capacities, their psychological profiles (e.g. personality), as well as their brains, by performing anatomical and functional MRI scans. In my talk I will try to give an overview of the preliminary results of our large sample studied.
ABCD Workshop on Automata Theoretic Methods in Algorithmic AlgebraInternational workshop that is organized at our Department from Monday to Wednesday is part of European program AutoMathA: Automata, Mathematics and Applications that is supported by the European Science Foundation. The main topics of the workshop are Automata and Logic, Automata and Groups, and Growth Functions. The lectures are public, you are invited to attend.
FIRST LEGO League in SlovakiaOn Friday, November 14th, the FIRST LEGO League contest, organized by the Department of Informatics Education and our department took place in University Pastoral Center. See the video from contest published at Aktualne.SK
Security of Web Applications (Invited Lecture)The course Modern Approaches to Web Design features an invited lecture "Security of web applications" by Pavol Lupák (Nethemba, OWASP). The lecture will give an insightful overview to of applications security and then concentrate on new types of security treats related to newly emerging web technology (AJAX, XML).
Topics of Bachelor and Master ThesesDepartment of Applied Informatics has published the list of Bachelor and Master theses topics for the year 2008/2009. This list may be further updated. Students may inform the prospective advisers that they are interested in respective topics and ask them about further information about the topics.
Public inauguration lecture of doc. Ing. Miloš Šrámek, PhD.The faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Informatics invites to the public inauguration lecture of doc. Ing. Miloš Šrámek, PhD. that will take place in auditorium C, on September 18th 2008 at 13:00 on the topic "Challenges of volumetric projections in medicine".
Special AI Seminar with guests Chiaki Sakama and Katsumi InoueOn September the 6th we will welcome prof. Chiaki Sakama from Wakayama University and prof. Katsumi Inoue from National Institute of Informatics in Japan. There will be a special seminar with invited talks by prof. Sakama and prof. Inoue in room I-9. Everyone is kindly invited.
See seminar programme.
Launching the new website of the departmentWith the start of the new semester, we are launching this new and fresh website of our department, which now serves as the official website. You find here links and information to about all the subjects provided by our department, information about our research projects and other activities. Now, thanks to the Wiki technology, the content can be generated by all employees of the department, and we wish this will become a useful tool for both us and our students, as well as for public visitors. We wish to maintain the webpages in both Slovak and English languages. Please drop us a line at daiweblists.ii.fmph.uniba.sk if you have any questions or comments.
Diploma theses defenceThe 'last' graduates in the direction of Artificial Intelligence defended their theses. Look at a few snapshots from their presentations.
Revision as of 19:34, 11 February 2010 by Petrovic