DAI, chaired by Ján Šefránek, is concerned with (mostly theoretical) research in Knowledge Representation and Reasoning(KR&R).
Our main interests within KR&R include:
- Non-monotonic logics and non-monotonic reasoning
- Knowledge revision
- Answer set programming
- Dynamic logic programming
- Semantic Web
- Ján Šefránek (group chair)
KR Group organizes irregular sessions of the KR Seminar where the group members and sometimes invited speakers present latest advances in their research.
- (Jan 2006--Dec 2008) Dynamic aspects of knowledge representation -- from theoretical foundations to applications. Project no. VEGA 1/31/2006 awarded by Slovak Ministry of Education and Slovak Academy od Sciences. The project is focused on semantic problems of logic program updates, prioritized logic programming, distributed description logics. We are aiming also at applications of the fields of our theoretical interests to representation of the world of compuiter games, to multi-agent systems and to the legal reasoning.
- (May 2008--Dec 2008) Surveying and improving semantic properties of distributed ontologies. Project no. UK/365/2008 awarded by Comenius University. Narrowly focused project aiming at comparing different existing formalisms for representing distributed ontologies.
- (Aug 2005--Oct 2007) An environment for specification of multiagent systems. Project. no. APVV-20-P04805 awarded by Slovak Research and Development Agency. The goal of the project has been to propose a logic-based approach to multi-agent systems specification as an alternative to the environments based on the imperative programming paradigm. Agent's capability of reasoning with incomplete and evolving knowledge has been emphasized.
Selected Recent Publications
- Sefranek, J.: Preferred answer sets supported by arguments. In Proc. of the Twelfth International Workshop on Non-Monotonic Reasoning (NMR-2008), Sydney, Australia, 2008.
- Homola, M. and Serafini, L.: Towards Distributed Tableaux Reasoning Procedure for DDL with Increased Subsumption Propagation between Remote Ontologies. In: Advances in Ontologies, Procs. of Knowledge Representation Ontology Workshop (KROW 2008). Sydney, Australia. Australian Computer Society, CRPIT, vol. 90, September 17, 2008.
- Frank, J. and Homola, M.: Ontology-driven Categorization of Blog Postings: A Scenario. Technical report no. TR-2008-014, Comenius University, Faculty of Mathematics Physics and Informatics, Bratislava, Slovakia, 2008.
- Homola, M.: Subsumption Propagation between Remote Ontologies in Distributed Description Logic. Pocs. of the 21st International Workshop on Description Logics (DL2008). Dresden, Germany. CEUR-WS, vol. 353, 2008.
- Sefranek, J.: Updates of Logic Programs. In: Computing and Informatics. Vol. 26, no. 3, 2007.
- Homola, M.: Distributed Description Logics Revisited. In: Pocs. of the 20th International Workshop on Description Logics (DL' 07). Brixen/Bressanone, Italy. Bozen-Bolzano University Press, CEUR-WS, vol. 250, 2007.
- Sefranek, J.: Irrelevant updates and nonmonotonic assumtions. In: Logics in Artificial Intelligence, 10th European Conference, JELIA 2006, Liverpool, UK, September 13-15, 2006, Proceedings. LNCS vol. 4160, Springer 2006.
- Sefranek, J.: Rethinking semantics of dynamic logic programming. In: Proc. Eleventh International Workshop on Non-Monotonic Reasoning (NMR06), Lake District, UK, 2006.
- Sefranek, J.: Irrelevant updates of nonmonotonic knowledge bases. In: Proc. of the 17th European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ECAI 2006), Riva del Garda, Italy, 2006.
- Sefranek, J.: Nonmonotonic integrity constraints. In: Proc. of the 10th Workshop on logic programming, Vienna, Austria, 2006.
Revision as of 07:34, 24 October 2008 by Homola (Adding selected papers of J Sefranek)