Fundamentals of Computer Graphics and Image Processing 1-AIN-301
- Wednesday 9:50, M-I
- Monday 18:10, F1-248
You can get 100 points (p) during semester, where 1pt = 1% of final grade
- Final writen exam: 50p
- Excercises: 50p (with minimum of 30p)
- 4 home assignments: 4x10p (2 from CG part and 2 from IP)
- Attendance: 10x1p
- Žára a kol. Moderní počítačová grafika
- Ružický, Ferko: Počítačová grafika a spracovanie obrazu
- Šikudová a kol. Počítačové videnie: Detekcia a rozpoznávanie objektov
Labs - CG
Finished project send to email@example.com
Stage 1 (3p)
Deadline 22.11.2020 23:59
Create a simple loader and visualizer of meshes, stored in obj. file format.
- implement IndexedFace which contains array of Vec4 vertex positions and array of Int indices
- Mesh import and display
- load mesh from Wavefront file (.obj). [Download test models here]. Assume that all imported models are scaled to box (2x2).
- display wireframe model in the center of a screen so that the Y-axis of model directs upwards and X-axis directs right. (Z is ignored)
Stage 2 (10p)
Deadline 13.12.2020 23:59
Add transformation controls to your tool.
- implement math types Mat4 and Vec4.
- Add functions Multiply(Mat4, Mat4), Multiply(Mat4, Vec4) OR override the multiplication operator.
- Transformations - must be implemented using matrix multiplication!
- Add buttons that can control the transformations of the model. When a user requests transformation by clicking a button, a model matrix should be constructed. (Optionally added to the previous transformation)
- Motel matrix can be reset to identity using a Reset button
- Construct a projection matrix which performs primitive orthogonal projection and transforms the object into the viewport (scale and translate as in the previous stage)
- Always store the original model. Model transformation and projection is done for each point just before rendering
- Examples of the functional program
- screen 1 = Import only
- screen 2 = Import only
- screen 3 = Imported, translated by -0.6 in X-axis, rotated by 0.6 rad around Y-axis, rotated by 0.4 rad around Z-axis and scaled by factor 1.1, in order
Stage 3 (7p)
Deadline 13.1.2021 23:59
Enhance existing visualization tool by implementing Blinn-Phong Lightning Model
- Mesh display
- Implement back-face culling. Faces on the far side of the mesh should not be rendered
- Display solid model - each face is drawn as a polygon filled with color (no edges)
- Final face color should be calculated as multiples of base color and intensity calculated by Blinn-Phong
- Add an interface to control the direction or position of the incoming light