List of thesis (master/bachelor) topics I can tutor
List of thesis (master/bachelor) topics
Author: Roman Ďurikovič
Master or Bachelor thesis Topics (Appearance Models of Computer Graphics and Vision):
- Write a system that allows you to take a geometric model and an anisotropic BRDF and "comb" the direction of anisotropy. Use this to render a horse.
- Develop a self-shadowing theory for an anisotropic rough surface.
- Build a virtual gonioreflectometer and use it to simulate interference on a CD. Use this to render a CD as accurately as possible. Compare with reality.
- Model and render a human eye. For variety, you can also render a cat's eye (or any other that shows strong retroreflection).
- Model and render a snowman.
- Develop an appearance model for glaze and render some examples.
- Render Venus de Milo (download the model) with a skin model that includes subsurface scattering.
- Render a glass of milk.
- Fit the Hanrahan-Krueger model to measured skin BRDF (data provided).
- Develop a reflection model for car paint.
- Develop an appearance model for a butterfly wing (including iridescence).
- Model and render a standard-issue Gates Building office chair. Make it look realistic at all levels of detail (for fields of view from 1 square cm to the whole thing).
Master thesis Topics (Physical based Animation): Tema 1: Non-photo realistic motion blur from video Igarashi laboratory Tema 2: Making Paper Craft Toys with User-defied Pattern Silhouette Shape Igarashi lab, tamasoft.co.jp/ Tema 3: A Toolkit for Prototiping Interactive Robotic Applications Igarashi Lab, LEGO Mind storm, Microsoft Robotics Studio, petercallesem.com