Current Trends in Cognitive Psychology 2-IKV-141
Objectives of this course is to provide insight into current topics in Cognitive Psychology. This include the relation between psychology and ethology, contemporary approches to Intelligence and decision making, Cognitive illusions and biases and emotionality.
3. 6. 2020 Since the plague is somehow over and the borders are open, in case you need a hard copy of my signature on any documents, please conatct me by email to make an appointment.
Because of plague, we shall not meet untill March 24th. I will provide more texts, please make summaries as discused.
Because of Quarantine, it is possible to switch from anounced project topic to theoretical work. Please contact me by email.
In case, we will not meet in May, please, have your essay or project results prepared to the end of May. So, if situation will not change, please send it to me before June, 1st.
|Seminar||Tuesday||9:00 - 11:30||I-8||Tomáš Gál|
|Current Trends in Cognitive Psychology, Summer 2020|
|Introduction||Methodology||25. 2.||Validity and Rentability in Quantitative and Qualitative Research|
|Projects brainstorming||3. 3.||Project managemant|
|From Ethology to Psychology (1)||Text||10. 3.||Are bigger brains better?|
|From Ethology to Psychology (2)||Text||17. 3.||The foundations of the human cultural niche|
|Perception||What is it like to have synesthesia?, Text||24. 3.||Why Study Synesthesia?|
|Thinking Slow & Fast||Kahneman||31. 3.||Biased thinking (text by email)|
|Affective and Cognitive Empathy||About Arguments||7. 4.||Neuroanatomical and Functional Correlates of Cognitive and Affective Empathy in Young Healthy Adults|
|Memory||Tali Sharot, about biases||14. 4.||Total Recall (text by email)|
|Some words about the Concept on Intelligence||A new Equation for Intelligence||21. 4.||Intelligence and Decission making (text by email)|
|Cognitive Illusions||Infographic, Text||28. 4.||Models of Affective Decision Making|
|Executive Brain||5. 5.||Fateful Disconnections (by email)|
|Practical enhancements||12. 5.||Human-Machine-Interface|
Supplemental reading and references
- KAHNEMAN, D. (2011) Thinking, fast and slow. Macmillan.
- GOLDBERG, E. (2009): The New Executive Brain, Oxford, Oxford University Press
- STAINTON, R. J. (2005) Contemporary debates in Cognitive Science. Oxford, Blackwell
- STERNBERG, R. J., STERNBERG, K. (2011) Cognitive Psychology. Belmont, Wadsworth (6ed)
Semestral evaluation: active participation by sending resumes of provided texts. Exam: project presentation at coloquium.
|10. 3.||17. 3.||24. 3.||31. 3.||7. 4.||14. 4.||21. 4.||28. 4.||5. 5.||12. 5.|
Projects / Essays
In case, we will not meet in May, please, have your essay or project results prepared to the end of May. So, if situation will not change, please send it to me before June, 1st. Then I will take few days to digest to give a feedback.
- Viktor S.: Cognitive training and exergaming
- Ľubica K.: Does the source affect the degree to which you believe the fake news?
- Anton Š.: Thinking fast and slow
- Michal K.: Methods of a Stimulant Depressant Effects Suppression Study
- Wilma K.: Mindfulness Meditation