Algorithms for AI Robotics
Lectures/Exercises: Pavel Petrovic, I24a, http://ii.fmph.uniba.sk/~petrovic/ , petrovicii.fmph.uniba.sk.
The course will introduce the students to selected algorithms for intelligent robotic systems
and provide first-hand experience with experimental robotics in simulation and on real robots.
The material covered may include:
- Perception and sensor systems,
- Software robotic architectures
- Representation and inference in space
- Navigation and localisation
- Probabilistic approaches
- Logic approaches to robot programming
- Simulation of robotic systems
- Robotics and artificial life (applications of evolutionary algorithms and neural networks for robotics)
- Applications and other topics
Our department is for the third year building a common laboratory with the
Institute of Robotics and Industrial Informatics of Slovak Technical University.
The aim of this course is to cover interesting algorithms that can be useful in the field
of Robotics (but with some modifications also in other applications).
The students will be introduced to the practical work with the robots in the laboratory,
and in the second part of the course, the students will work on a specific small-size
project in groups. The lab meetings will be every second week.
- Murphy: Introduction to AI Robotics, MIT Press, 2000
- Thrun, Burgard, Fox: Probabilistic Robotics, MIT Press, 2005.
- Dudek, Jenkin: Computational Principles of Mobile Robotics, Cambridge Univ. Press, 2000
- Kortenkamp, Bonasso, Murphy, Artificial Intelligence and Mobile Robots, MIT Press, 1998
- Nehmzow, Mobile Robotics: A Practical Introduction, Springer, 2000
- Bruce, Green, Georgeson: Visual Perception, 4th ed, Psychology Press, 2003.
- Nolfi, Floreano: Evolutionary Robotics, MIT Press, 2000
- Kalaš, Tridsať rokov svetovej robotiky, Vydavatelstvo STU, 2006