- Artificial Intelligence
- Knowledge representation and reasoning
- Logic programming
- Reasoning with preferences
Dynamic aspects of knowledge representation - from theoretical foundations to applications. (Jan 2006 - Dec 2008)
Project no. VEGA 1/31/2006 awarded by Slovak Ministry of Education and Slovak Academy od Sciences. The project was focused on semantic problems of logic program updates, prioritized logic programming, distributed description logics. We were aiming also at applications of the fields of our theoretical interests to representation of the world of computer games, to multi-agent systems and to the legal reasoning. Coordinated by Ján Šefránek.
An environment for specification of multiagent systems. (Aug 2005 - Oct 2007)
Project. no. APVV-20-P04805 awarded by Slovak Research and Development Agency. The goal of the project was to propose a logic-based approach to multi-agent systems specification as an alternative to the environments based on the imperative programming paradigm. Agent's capability of reasoning with incomplete and evolving knowledge has been emphasized. Coordinated by Ján Šefránek.
The W4 Project (2003, 2004)
In late 2003 and 2004, I participated in the W4 project coordinated by Carlos Viegas Damásio at CENTRIA, New University Lisbon. It aims at developing Standard Prolog interoperable tools for supporting distributed, secure, and integrated reasoning activities in the Semantic Web.
- Peter Novák, Martin Baláž and Jürgen Dix: Embedding Defeasible Argumentation in Answer Set Programming. Not yet published. 2008 pdf
Important note: The paper contains an error in the introductory argumentation frameworks theory. The transformation from DeLP to ASP works. To be rewritten in the future.
- Martin Baláž: Well-supported models of disjunctive logic programs. In Technical Report [ICS Halle], WLP 2008, Dresden, No. 8, pages 7-16. 2008 pdf
- Martin Baláž: Well-supported models of disjunctive logic programs. In Journal of Electrical Engineering, ISCAM 2007, Bratislava, Vol. 58, No. 7/s, pages 52-45. 2007 pdf
- Martin Baláž: Kripke Structures on Bilattices. Doctoral Thesis. Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Informatics, Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia. 2004 pdf (in slovak)
- Martin Baláž: Kripke Structures on Bilattices. In Journal of Electrical Engineering, ISCAM 2004, Bratislava, Vol. 55, No. 12/s, pages 72-75. 2004 pdf
- Martin Baláž: Dynamic Kripke Structures for Well-founded Semantics. Master Thesis. Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Informatics, Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia. 2002 pdf (in slovak)