|Line 1:||Line 1:|
= News and Announcements =
= News and Announcements =
Revision as of 10:56, 3 September 2010
- 1 News and Announcements
- 1.1 For bachelor level AIN students
- 1.2 PhD Defenses in Computer Science
- 1.3 Students seminar CESCG and conference SCCG
- 1.4 Student Scientific Conference FMFI UK 2010
- 1.5 Information technologies in praxis 2010
- 1.6 OCR software for mathematical documents - InftyReader
- 1.7 Kognícia a umelý život X (Cognition and Artificial Life X)
- 1.8 Scientific Seminars
- 1.9 FIRST LEGO League in Slovakia
- 1.10 CENTROBOT Robot Summer School
- 1.11 7th Czech and Slovak ACM Student Research Competition 2009
- 1.12 Spring Conference on Computer Graphics
- 1.13 Information Technologies in Practice 2009
- 1.14 State examination in Master program in Applied Informatics
- 1.15 Cognition and Artificial Life IX
- 1.16 Changes in the study programmes
- 1.17 Seminar: Dr. Susanne Reiterer (Department of Neuroradiology, University of Tübingen, Germany) - Language talent: preliminary results from a large scale psycholinguistic and brain imaging study
- 1.18 ABCD Workshop on Automata Theoretic Methods in Algorithmic Algebra
- 1.19 FIRST LEGO League in Slovakia
- 1.20 Security of Web Applications (Invited Lecture)
- 1.21 Topics of Bachelor and Master Theses
- 1.22 Public inauguration lecture of doc. Ing. Miloš Šrámek, PhD.
- 1.23 Special AI Seminar with guests Chiaki Sakama and Katsumi Inoue
- 1.24 Launching the new website of the department
- 1.25 Diploma theses defence
News and Announcements
For bachelor level AIN studentsIf you do not have your grade in your index, please contact your teacher. In the exceptional case if your teacher is not present (fellowship at the other university, long illness)you may contact garant Doc. Maria Markosova. You shall arrange for mail from your teacher, or for some other proof of the value of your grade.
PhD Defenses in Computer ScienceSeveral PhD defenses of theses in Computer Science, and Informatics Education will be taking place in September. Doctoral students, and interested visitors are welcome!
Students seminar CESCG and conference SCCGSpring Conference on Computer Graphics (SCCG, www.sccg.sk) is the oldest annnual meeting of Computer Graphics scientific community in Central Europe. The 26th round will take place in May 2010 in Budmerice. It will be preceded by the 14th year of CESCG (www.cescg.org), a unique student seminar,
Student Scientific Conference FMFI UK 2010In the jubilee 30th year of the existence of our faculty, more than 100 students of bachelor, master, and doctoral study programmes will take part in the conference. The presentations will be divided into the following sections in the rooms of the Mathematics block:
Information technologies in praxis 2010The third year of conference with contributions from analysts, software architects, and programmers from Softec and Centaur, dedicated to the students of Informatics and Information Technologies at STU and CUB will take place on April the 26th 2010, at 14:00, in the lecture room B, entrance is free of charge.
OCR software for mathematical documents - InftyReaderSeminar with presentation of the InftyReader program. This may be of interest to everybody who works with mathematical texts.
OCR software for mathematical documents - InftyReader
prof. Masakazu Suzuki, Kyushu University
Friday, February 19th 2010, 10:30, room I-9
"InftyReader" is OCR software developed in Kyushu University to convert scanned images or PDF of mathematical documents into various "editable" form documents:
XML, LaTeX sources, MathML, Word documents, etc. It segments the page images automatically into figures, tables, and text areas, and then recognizes ordinary texts and mathematical formulae in the text areas by using different OCR engines. Recognized results can be edited easily by using WYSIWYG authoring tool "InftyEditor" comparing the results with the original images.
In the talk, after brief description of our Infty system, I will give demonstrations of the newest version of InftyReader and InftyEditor. A newly developedauthoring tool for mathematical multimedia documents of DAISY standard format will also be presented.
Kognícia a umelý život X (Cognition and Artificial Life X)The jubilee tenth Czech-Slovak meeting on cognition and artificial life will take place in hotel Sepetná by Ostravice under Beskydy mountains. The seminar has a tradition of several years, and provides a space for presentation of the results and aims of the researchers in the areas of cognition, artificial life, and artificial intelligence from Bohemia and Slovakia. The goal of the seminar is to forster interdisciplinary dialog between the scientific disciplines unified by the interest in this field.
Scientific SeminarsOur department runs or participates in various research seminars that are usually open also for students who have a deeper interest in research topics or wish to join research efforts of the department.
FIRST LEGO League in SlovakiaFaculty of Mathematics, Physics and Informatics is organizer of the regional FLL tournament. This year's task has just been published at the contest website. We invite all the interested students aged 10-16 years to join the contest.
CENTROBOT Robot Summer SchoolThe course will feature comprehensive introductory lectures, paired with all the specifics you will need to face the challenge of building your own robot and in the culmination of what might be the time of your life you will test your design against the designs of your fellow participants.
7th Czech and Slovak ACM Student Research Competition 2009Students are invited to submit their contributions to the Czech and Slovak ACM Student Research Competition 2009. Students of bachelor and master study programmes of Czech and Slovak universities can participate. The conference is sposored by Microsoft. The individual participants present their work in the area of computer science and information technologies. Information, important dates, registration, and required format are described at the contest website.
Spring Conference on Computer Graphics25th year of Spring Conference on Computer Graphics (SCCG) was launched in Budmerice today. The conference allows the best students and young researchers to meet the leading experts in the field, this year including Prof. Alan CHALMERS, Prof. Tor DOKKEN and Doc. Michael WIMMER. Every year, the computer graphics students compete to participate at the conference in a contest of Slovak Society for Informatics. The conferece was preceded by an international student seminar CESCG, sponsored by leading IT company AUTODESK.
Information Technologies in Practice 2009Students are invited to participate at conference Information Technologies in Practice that aims to introduce modern technologies and principles of information systems development to the students of computer and information science and engineering at Slovak University of Technology and Comenius University in Bratislava. The conference is organized by the companies Softec and Centaur in cooperation with FIIT STU and it is part of the Week of cooperation with the industry 2009. The conference will take place in the building of STU, at Ilkovičova street 3 on Wednesday, March 5th 2009 at 14.00. FREE ENTRANCE.
State examination in Master program in Applied InformaticsThe sylabus for the state examination in master program in Applied Informatics for the school year 2008/2009 has been published in the Education section of the department website.
Cognition and Artificial Life IXThis year our department organizes Slovak - Czech conference on Cognition and Artificial Life
Changes in the study programmesThe following are the changes in summer semester 2008/2009 from the plan published in the study handbook:
- 2-INF-150, Machine Learning - moved to summer, lecturer changed
- 2-INF-147, Searching in text - opened, lecturer changed
- 2-AIN-504, Bioinformatics Seminar (2) - opened, lecturer changed
- 2-IKV-112 Modern social theories – moved to summer, lecturer changed
- 2-AIN-181, Evolutionary algorithms - moved to summer
- 2-AIN-104, Computational modeling of cognitive processes - Kvasnička, V. (FIIT, DE 150 Friday 10:00)
- 2-AIN-143, Qualitative modeling and simulation - Macko, M.
- 2-IKV-141, New trends in cognitive psychology – Chudý, V.
- 2-IKV-183, Psycholinguistics - Bašnáková, J.
- 1-AIN-680 Extreme programming (done in winter semester)
- 1-AIN-646 Description logics, ontologies and semantic web - Homola, M. (moved to winter semester 2009/2010)
- 2-IKV-262, Computational psycholinguistics - Farkaš, I.
- 2-IKV-234, Knowledge Systems - Popper M.
- 2-IKV-182, Current theories of consciousness - Gál, E.