Course opens in winter semester 2011/2012. First lecture: Tue 20 September 2011 in lecture room F-109. See more details below.
Computational Logic 2-AIN-108
The course introduces logic as a method for computational problem solving. It introduces multiple practical logics and logic based systems such as logic programs, modal logics, description logics and ontologies, multi context systems, etc. with readily available reasoners.
Offered in these study programs: Compulsory elective for the Master program in Applied Informatics
- lectures: Tue 13:10 2h F-109
- labs: Wed 9:50 2h II
- labs: Wed 8:10 2h H6
- Labs info: http://ii.fmph.uniba.sk/~simko/vl/
- Lecture notes: http://wiki.matfyz.sk/CL2011_Poznámky_k_predmetu_Výpočtová_logika
Evaluation and Conditions
There will be a midterm and a final exam. During the semester you can earn evaluation points at the practicals (possibly for homeworks) and by participating on the wiki-based collaborative lecture notes. You can earn up to 102 points:
- practicals: 3 pts every week (6 weeks)
- lecture notes: 3 pts every week (12 weeks)
- midterm: 15 pts
- exam: 30 pts
The following grading scale will be used: